As 2022 draws to a close, we’ve been reflecting on all of the amazing work we’ve done this year. While there is no end to the range of sheds the KiwiSpan team design and build, there are some types that are asked for again and again. So without further ado, are the top five sheds kiwis have built with us this year, and why they’re so popular.
1. STORAGE SHEDS. With the rise in remote and flexible working, New Zealanders are spending more time at home than ever before. So, in order to fully utilise their living spaces, homeowners have been looking for smarter storage solutions for their tools, knick-knacks and prized possessions. KiwiSpan’s customised shed designs mean you can tailor a storage shed to your unique needs. KiwiSpan’s storage sheds are in demand due to the wider clear span on offer versus many other shed suppliers – you can get up to eighteen metres clear, without obtrusive bracing or centre poles. You get more value for money when you build a storage shed with more usable interior space – that’s more top-to-bottom storage within the same floor space.
2. WORKSHOP SHEDS. These are buildings in which items are repaired or manufactured – either for personal or commercial purposes. Workshops have long been one of our most popular shed types due to their versatility and the complete customisation options available through KiwiSpan. KiwiSpan’s smart designs enable wider clear spans which is a great feature for many workshops… It means you get more storage space, more manoeuvrability, and more visibility under your roof.
3. COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS. If you need to upgrade from your current business premise or build a space to start your new enterprise, KiwiSpan has a solution to suit. Retail centres, showrooms, offices, and workshops are just the beginning – our team works with you to customise the building to your unique needs. KiwiSpan is a popular choice with business owners as we use a heavier gauge steel and heavy duty bolts to make our sheds stronger and more durable… so you can get on with business knowing your premises will stand strong and look good for years to come.
4. AMERICAN BARNS. These sheds are chosen for their visual aesthetic – they’re a great option when you need a shed that doesn’t look like a shed. The American barn style offers good storage and high roof lines. Lots of customers have chosen to add mezzanine floors to their American barn to utilise the extra height for storage. Their unique appearance combined with versatility of use helps to make these a popular shed type for kiwis.
5. INDUSTRIAL SHEDS. These are a popular request for KiwiSpan because of the wide open spaces we can create. Building without obtrusive knee braces gives business owners more usable space and better visibility across the building – and thus, greater value under the roof. We build strong durable steel sheds that are designed to last, so business owners can rest easy knowing their premise will hold up to the daily usage and wear often experienced in industrial situations.
These are just a few of the most popular types of sheds we’ve built in 2022. Whilst different, they all have a few things in common:
Whether it’s a personal, commercial, or industrial building you need, KiwiSpan has a customised shed solution for you. Contact us HERE today to get the ball rolling on your next project.